2/18/2019 - 3/8/2019
About Vireo and Vireo 4
Participating in Community Sprints
- We have no requirements for your availability during sprint weeks. However, we do ask that you attempt to clear your schedule enough to work on (ideally a few) tickets/tasks during the sprint. At the beginning of the sprint, we'll ask you for your estimated availability (e.g. 20% time or 1 day each week, 40% time or 2 days each week, etc), and work to steer you toward tickets achievable within your available time. You may also specify your exact availability in the signup form.
- You will be expected to manage your own work schedule, attend minimal meetings & report your ongoing progress.
- You will be expected to have some existing knowledge of Vireo concepts (on v3 or below) and a willingness to be proactive in learning any new Vireo 4 concepts (see Resources below). While you are more than welcome to use this Sprint as a learning experience, we will not have any formalized training/workshops during the Sprint week itself.
- You will be expected to be proactive in asking for help or asking questions if you get stuck (see also Support Options below). Ongoing support will be available on Slack from Sprint Coaches (see below) and other participants. We also have a Bluejeans video conferencing room (Vireo Meeting Room) available for "face to face" discussions, screen sharing and/or pair programming.
- Technology/skills prerequisites:
- UI: angular.js Version 1 (not the new angular)
- Backend: Java, spring-boot & JPA/Hibernate on the backend
- Note that Vireo is built using Texas A&M's web application framework, Weaver: https://github.com/TAMULib/Weaver-UI-Core and https://github.com/TAMULib/Weaver-Webservice-Core
Please indicate your availability in this form:
Coaches should be available during both sprint weeks for help getting up to speed / answering questions / debugging issues / pair programming requests, etc.
- Vireo in Github
- Waffle.io for the Vireo project
- Bluejeans meeting link (see join details at bottom of page*)
- Slack channel
- Vireo 4 Public Demos (Youtube playlist)
- Developments and Innovations in the Vireo 4.x ETD Submittal System (TCDL 2016 presentation)
- Vireo Users Group website
2/18/2019 - 3/8/2019
*To join the Meeting:
To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-126.96.36.199
Meeting ID : 288713319
To join via phone :
+1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose))
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
+1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose))
(see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2) Enter Conference ID : 288713319