Requirements for inclusion
For now, participation in the TDL DPLA Aggregation Service is available only to Regular Members of the Texas Digital Library, or for DPLA Affiliate Members.
Requirements of participation:
- Active Regular Member or DPLA Affiliate Member contract
- Submission of letter of permission to Texas Digital Library to allow harvesting (template here)
- Willingness to allow metadata to be made accessible under a CC0 license through DPLA (see the TDL DPLA Metadata Guidelines for more information)
- Payment of associated fees (see below)
- Staff to work in consultation with TDL staff to ensure appropriate metadata mapping of repository collections to the DPLA MAP.
- Digital collections that meet the following criteria
- Collections that meet DPLA's Collection Development Guidelines. Note that TxHub will aggregate collections of cultural heritage materials only (not theses and dissertations, faculty works, or other scholarly publications. Nor do we encourage the inclusion of serialized content such as newspapers, or of archival finding aids described at the box or folder level).
- Ability to provide metadata through OAI-PMH (many repository platforms, including DSpace, CONTENTdm, and Islandora meet this requirement.)
- Availability of items on a publicly-accessible site (i.e., no paywalls, IP restrictions, or required log-ins)
- Ability to store and provide preview or thumbnail images of the objects in the collection (this is a common feature in most systems)
- Ability to provide a link back to the record on your digital collection site.
- Ability to supply required metadata fields as outlined in the TDL DPLA Metadata Application Profile
Regular members of TDL (See the TDL website for more about Regular membership).
DPLA Aggregation will be a service module for Regular and Consortial Members, with the following associated fees:
|One-time/first-year on-boarding fees|
|Large Research Institutions (Founding ARL And High Research Institutions)||$2,500|
|Small institutions (All others)||$1,000|
|Maintenance fees (after the first year)|
|Large Research Institutions (Founding ARL And High Research Institutions)||$500|
|Small institutions (All others)||$250|
Institutions may also participate by becoming a DPLA Affiliate Member.Affiliate members use only one service provided by TDL and do not participate in TDL governance or have other benefits of full (Regular) membership.
|Affiliate Member fees|
|One-time on-boarding fee (first year)||$5,000|
|Maintenance fees (after the first year)||$1,000|