About Vireo and Vireo 4
- We have no requirements for your availability during sprint weeks. However, we do ask that you attempt to clear your schedule enough to work on (ideally a few) tickets/tasks during the sprint. At the beginning of the sprint, we'll ask you for your estimated availability (e.g. 20% time or 1 day each week, 40% time or 2 days each week, etc), and work to steer you toward tickets achievable within your available time. You may also specify your exact availability in the signup form.
- You will be expected to manage your own work schedule, attend minimal meetings & report your ongoing progress.
- You will be expected to have some existing knowledge of Vireo concepts (on v3 or below) and a willingness to be proactive in learning any new Vireo 4 concepts (see Resources below). While you are more than welcome to use this Sprint as a learning experience, we will not have any formalized training/workshops during the Sprint week itself.
- You will be expected to be proactive in asking for help or asking questions if you get stuck (see also Support Options below). Ongoing support will be available on Slack from Sprint Coaches (see below) and other participants. We also have a Bluejeans video conferencing room (Vireo Meeting Room) available for "face to face" discussions, screen sharing and/or pair programming.
- Technology/skills prerequisites:
- UI: angular.js Version 1 (not the new angular)
- Backend: Java, spring-boot & JPA/Hibernate on the backend
- Note that Vireo is built using Texas A&M's web application framework, Weaver: https://github.com/TAMULib/Weaver-UI-Core and https://github.com/TAMULib/Weaver-Webservice-Core
- If you are working on development tasks you may follow the direct deployment proscribed in the README or you use https://github.com/TexasDigitalLibrary/Vireo4VagrantAnsibleDeploy to build vireo4 within a virtual machine. The latter option will require the installation of Vagrant, VirtualBox, and Ansible.
Please indicate your availability in this form:
Coaches should be available during both sprint weeks for help getting up to speed / answering questions / debugging issues / pair programming requests, etc.
2/18/2019 - 3/8/2019
*To join the Meeting:
To join via Room System:
Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-184.108.40.206
Meeting ID : 288713319
To join via phone :
+1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose))
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
+1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose))
(see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers)
2) Enter Conference ID : 152936349